Welcome to Angel House Preschool and Child Care
Angel House Preschool and Child Care Center was developed in 1987 at Blessed Sacrament Church to
serve the community of Sioux City and the surrounding areas. In 2001 Angel House opened a second location,
Angel House Child Care at Villa Maria.
Angel House Preschool and Child Care will provide experiences to promote each child's spiritual, emotional,
social, physical, and educational growth within a Christian-based environment.
Angel House is a nonprofit, church-owned program. Angel House is
committed to the following NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) core values:
- Appreciate childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle.
- Base our work on knowledge of how children develop and learn.
- Appreciate and support the bond between the child and family.
- Recognize that children are best understood and supported in the context of family, culture, community, and society.
- Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member, and colleague).
- Respect diversity in children, families, and colleagues.
- Recognize that children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based on trust and respect.
Therefore, Angel House will strive to:
- Provide a safe, secure environment where each staff member assumes the responsibility to encourage each child's spiritual,
social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development based on the developmental levels and interests of your child.
- Recognize the uniqueness, abilities, and potential of each child.
- Provide a daily schedule that includes routines, yet is flexible enough to encourage spontaneity.
- Provide a nurturing environment for all children age 2 through 12 years, regardless of sex, race, national origin, or religious creed.
- Develop relationships of mutual trust and create partnerships with the families we serve.